Sunday, September 18, 2011

Halloween Cards

I am in a card swap and we make 5 cards each month.  I got a head start on my cards for Halloween and these are what I made.  The cards need to be the same or very similar, so if you wonder why they look alike, that's why! 

I used the cute BRAND NEW stamps from Punkin' Patch Stamps (go check them all out!) and some cheapo ones I found at Walmart.  The set I used from Punkin' Patch Stamps is called Little Monsters.  These stamps will be available very soon!!  

The ribbon and brads are also from the 97 cent bins at Walmart....so cute!!  I used quality, textured AC card stock because I wanted a "canvas" look and I didn't want the stamps to completely stamp, so they would look "old".  I stitched the sides using my sewing machine and distressed the edges using my good ol' fingernails.  I used different colored chalks to do some random coloring.  Cute and simple cards for Halloween!





5 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh...you got them up....awesome.....LOVE LOVE them....you will have to do more to send to your friends at Halloween. And, yes, yeah for the Walmart $1 bin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I would keep these forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great! I really like how you turned the stamps into a background image as well as the main image. Great job on distressing your papers and inking!

    ReplyDelete